- New tools for controlling employees’ access to customer data have been added. Considering the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), it is important that employees are trained to handle personal data properly. (We have also written about GDPR on Erply blog.)
In Settings → Configuration, it is now possible to disable unauthorized employees’ access to customer information. Employees can be authorized one by one from the Employees module. Two new buttons have been added to employee form:
- One to indicate employee’s confirmation that they are familiar with the regulation and customers’ rights, and know how to protect personal information.
- Another one to indicate that a manager has allowed the employee to access customer data.
The form also shows when employee gave their confirmation, and who and when gave them the access.
This feature is an extra module. If it has not been activated on your account yet, please contact customer support.
- In Settings → Configuration, it is now possible to select whether employee name on a) sales document printouts and b) receipt printouts should be displayed as:
- ID only;
- first name only;
- first name, with last name initial; or
- full name.
- In Settings → Configuration → Receipt printouts, it is now possible to configure what information about a customer should be displayed on a receipt printout. (The printout can be configured separately for companies and for persons.)
- Customer ID
- Customer card code
- Customer name
- Customer address
- Customer’s amount of reward points can now be printed on receipts. This option has been added to Settings → Configuration → Receipt printouts.
- Customers can be looked up by ID, and field “Customer ID” has been added to customer card.
- Employees can be looked up by ID, and field “Employee ID” has been added to employee form.
- To not expose personal information unnecessarily, the following reports no longer display the name of a customer if that customer is a person. (Customer ID is shown instead, and a link to customer card is provided. Names of companies are still displayed, though.)
- Reports → Sales
- Reports → Cost of Goods Sold
- Reports → Invoices and Payments
- To not expose personal information unnecessarily, the following reports no longer show the names of any customers. (Customer ID is shown instead, and there is also a link to customer card.)
- Reports → Coupons, gift cards → Show report
- Reports → Coupons, gift cards → Active Gift cards
- Reports → Sales promotions
- Reports → Tasks