You’ve signed up for ERPLY, you’ve signed into your account, and next, you need to setup the account. That looks like a lot of work, is it worth it?
We think so. We think once you try a few days with ERPLY, you will too.
To help you out, we’ve pulled together a bunch of our guides for you here to take you through setup. This is what we go over in our onboarding training, and when we do implementations with customers. We’ve found that while you can launch with much less information in the system, you are more likely to be successful and happy with your Point of Sale if you take some time to configure it, get used to it, and understand what you want to get out of your time with it. These guides and steps should help you get on the right track!
Setting up your account
Start here to configure your company profile in ERPLY.
- Company Page
This is where addresses on locations, emails, and sales documents are pulled from. The email address here is the only valid one for cancel/changes/passwords for users without emails.
- Setting up Tax Rates
This guide will walk you through setting up the rates you use, and how you apply them. If you have one rate, no rates, or many rates, we can help you collect and track those taxes.
- General configuration
This guide walks you through the configurations you can make to personalize and functionalize your system. Add custom footers to receipts, upload your logo, set your timezone, and sell in your style..
- Locations, and Registers
Locations are either physical locations, or piles of stock you want to track. Registers are virtual or real, and sell stock from the location they’re tied to. Have as many or as few registers selling from any location, or have none, and consider that location a warehouse. This guide shows you how to set up your locations and registers.
- The Location Card packs a lot of information into one place. You should be familiar with this area of the system for some advanced user features like price lists, and quick buttons.
Creating Users, User Groups, and Employees
Manage your employees’ access to the system and your information
Creating users is necessary for your employees to log into the POS. Each employee should have a user/login in order to properly track sales by employee, as well as actions in the system. You can assign certain rights and limitations based on a user and the user group he/she belongs to.
- Creating user groups and adding employees
While ERPLY accounts come with some default user groups, we recommend checking out their settings, and even creating your own so that you have control over who has access to your data, your sales, your inventory, and your customers. In this module you can configure access to settings and actions in the system to make sure that each job type can access what they need and only what they need.
- Set up Employees and Users
ERPLY tracks your employees in two ways, once as an ERPLY user, and once as an employee. This lets you separate the information you need on them from the information ERPLY needs to function. Setup commission rates, employee notes, contact information on the Employee card, and setup passwords, pins, and permissions on the User card.
See what you have, where you have it, and what you need!
This is where you can create, edit, and find your products. You may choose to either import a product list or create products manually.
- Inventory Module
This module is where you can manage your inventory list, and your stock levels. Becoming familiar with the tools in this module will help you get the most out of ERPLY’s inventory tracking features.
- The Product CardEach item on your inventory list has it’s own product card which details all of the information you need on your items. Track the suppliers, purchases, sales, prices, and organization of your products using this screen.
- Inventory Module settings The inventory module works well out of the box, but if you want to use advanced features, or categorization, you should check out the settings you can adjust here.
- Creating product and service groups, Adding products
Organizing your items into product groups can help with managing rotation of stock, physical stocktaking, price changes, promotions, and pretty well anything you want to do with your items. Read this guide to understand how to get the most out of your product groups.
- Import Product List Your inventory list, and stock levels, can be imported through our import tool. In your inventory module, under the More button, you can find this tool, and its accompanying tutorial. If you subscribe, you can have an ERPLY staffer do your initial imports (Customers, Suppliers, and Inventory!) for you!